Updates for preinstalled software and drivers are provided by the VAIO Update utility. This update utility improves user environment and helps to resolve minor problems.
When a new Operating System (OS) or new functions are introduced, more than one update program may be released to have them applied.
For that reason, and for your continued enjoyment of the product, please be sure to always have the latest version software and drivers applied to your computer by using the VAIO Update utility.
Follow these steps to obtain the latest version of the VAIO Update utility:
- Open an Internet browser and go the http://eSupport.sony.com website.
- On the eSupport website, enter your model number.
- On the eSupport page for your computer model, click the Drivers and Software tab.
- On the Drivers and Software tab, click to select the applicable Operating System.
- Expand Sony Application (Various).
- Locate the latest VAIO Update software update and click Download.
- In the [Update Name] screen, click Download Now.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the file to begin the installation.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- In the Select Country screen, select the country for this installation, and then click the Next button.
- In the VAIO Care screen, click the Next button.
- At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement and then click I Agree to continue with the installation.
- In the Finished screen, click the Finish button.
- At the This system must be restarted to complete the installation prompt, click the OK button to restart the computer.