Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the error Boot Disk Failure.
- Remove all removable media (floppy disks, CDs, etc.) and restart the computer.
- Press and hold the power button for up to ten seconds to shutdown the computer.
NOTE: If the system enters standby, press and hold the power button for up to ten more seconds until the computer powers off, then restart the computer.
- Reset the BIOS Setup defaults.
- Remove nonbundled installed hardware.
- Ensure the ribbon cable is properly connected to the hard drive.
- Perform a System Recovery of the computer.
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.