The Photos app brings all of your pictures and home movies together in one place, even if they're on the Facebook® social networking site, Flickr® photo sharing, Microsoft® SkyDrive service, or another device or computer. Follow these steps to open and use the Photos app.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Apps category, and then click the Photos icon.
- In the Photos screen, you will be presented with different locations to view pictures from:
- Pictures library: Pictures located on the local computer.
- SkyDrive photos: Pictures located in the cloud hosting service SkyDrive, which is associated with your Microsoft account.
- Facebook photos: Pictures from the Facebook account associated with your Microsoft account.
- Flickr photos: Pictures on the cloud hosting service Flickr, which is associated with your Microsoft account.
- Devices: Pictures located on different devices (phones, cameras, etc.).
NOTE: As the different locations and accounts are populated with picture files, the tiles for each of those locations will become live tiles and automatically display and scroll to different pictures.