You may see video but not hear any sound when trying to watch a Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) movie with DTS™ HD Master Audio on a external TV using an HDMI® connection from the computer. You may hear audio during the previews or with the Spanish and French sound tracks, but not during the main movie using the English track. This can occur because the InterVideo® WinDVD® BD for VAIO software is configured by default to bypass DTS HD audio decoding and send it to the TV for decoding. Most TVs do not support DTS HD decoding.
To try to resolve this issue, follow the procedure below to disable the bypass of DTS HD decoding.
IMPORTANT: If you are connecting the computer via HDMI to an Audio/Video (A/V) receiver that supports DTS HD decoding, it is recommended to leave the bypass of DTS HD decoding enabled in order to use full DTS HD surround sound.
- Open the Intervideo WinDVD BD for VAIO application.
IMPORTANT: If a movie starts to play automatically, you must stop the playback before proceeding.
- Right-click in the middle of the main window to display the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, click Setup.
- In the Setup window, click the Audio tab.
IMPORTANT: The computer must be connected via HDMI to an external TV or the setting in the following step will be grayed out and not accessible.
- On the Audio tab, click to check the box next to (Digital out) disable audio bypass to external processor.
- Click the OK button.
- Play the BD movie.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve the issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, apply the steps below:
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, click Sound.
- In the Sound window, click to select the speaker device, and then click the Properties button.
- In the [Speaker Name] Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab, in the Exclusive Mode section, click to remove the check in the box next to Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device, and then click the OK button.
- In the Sound window, click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.