Follow these steps or watch the video below if your VAIO® notebook computer has no display:
- Press Fn+F5 and the right arrow key to increase the screen brightness.
- Press any key to activate the display.
- Your computer may be in video standby mode.
- Properly plug in your computer to a working wall outlet.
- Make sure the battery has a full charge.
- Disconnect any external display and devices, and remove all PC Cards.
- Restart your computer.
- Turn off your computer.
- Unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button, or slide and hold the power switch for 30 seconds.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back in.
- Press or slide the power button.
- Press Fn+F7 to cycle between video output modes.
- Reset the BIOS to the default settings.
- Check if the memory modules are correctly inserted.
- Check the manual for instructions on accessing the memory modules. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Check the LCD screen for damage.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required.  Go to Product Repair.
IMPORTANT: If the LCD is all one color or there are large portions which are all one color, tilt open and then close the LCD screen. If the colors change or return to normal as the LCD is moved or lightly tapped, other than the normal changes in brightness as the angle of viewing changes, the video cable has become crimped in the hinge and the computer may require a repair.