Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the IC recorder is not being recognized by the computer.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of these steps, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Some software or hardware installations and changes require the user to be logged on as Administrator or with administrator rights.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the IC recorder status after completing each step.
- Before connecting the IC recorder to the computer, verify that the computer is turned on and the IC recorder is in the STOP mode.
- Check that the USB cable is properly plugged into the terminal of the IC recorder and the computer.
NOTE: The computer may not recognize the IC recorder if it is connected to a front USB port on the computer. To resolve this issue, connect the IC recorder to a USB port on the rear of the computer.
- Disconnect any other USB devices (except for a mouse and keyboard) from the computer. Other USB devices may cause the recorder to not be recognized correctly.
- If your computer has multiple USB ports, try connecting to another USB port.
- Some computers have different USB controllers for each port. In this case, connecting to a different port may solve the problem.
- Connect the USB cable directly to a USB port on the computer. Using a USB hub connection may cause the recorder to not be recognized properly by the computer.
- Make sure that batteries are inserted in the IC recorder prior to connecting to the computer.
- If the IC recorder is still not recognized by the computer, try the following:
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- Restart the computer.
- After the computer restarts, reconnect the USB cable to test the connection.
- Remove and reinstall the device drivers.
- If the issue remains, try installing the USB driver again.
NOTE: It may also be necessary to reinstall any software that may have been supplied with the IC recorder. Refer to the IC recorder manual for information regarding what software is supplied and how to reinstall it. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.