Blu-ray Disc™ media have region codes written in letters to indicate a particular zone or region where you can play the discs. Check the following region codes below :
- Region A: North America, South America, U.S. Territories, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia
- Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Region C: Asia (except for Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia)
- Region ABC : Classified as region-free as it applies to countries listed in Regions A, B, and C.
The region code for Blu-ray Discs is on the disc or located at the back of the disc case.
- Some region-free discs may have no codes written on the disc or disc cover.
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs are region-free and can play on devices that supports Ultra HD Blu-ray, regardless of the region where they were purchased.
- The Blu-ray Disc device or Blu-ray optical drive can play Blu-ray Discs purchased in the same region. This means that a computer or a Blu-ray Disc player purchased in countries listed in Region A can only play Blu-ray Disc that are recorded in Region A, in exception to Region-Free discs and players.
- This applies to computers or Blu-ray Disc players purchased in other regions, unless otherwise specified in the player or in the computer's documentation. Check your device manual.