The screen goes to a black screen after logging in to Windows.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Start the computer to Safe Mode with Networking .
- Once the computer is completely started, press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.
NOTES: Because the Control Panel is a traditional Windows® Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, click Programs and Features.
- Click to highlight the application.
- Click Uninstall to remove the Search Protect application from the computer.
- Perform a clean boot on the computer.
- Once the clean boot procedure is complete, restart the computer normally .
NOTE: At this point the operating system should load properly.
- Using the currently installed anti-virus software, run a full system scan on the computer.
NOTE: If the computer does not have anti-virus software installed, Windows® Defender or Microsoft® Security Scanner can be used to perform a full system scan.
- If the issue persists after uninstalling the Search Protect application and running a full system anti-virus scan, perform a System Restore .
- If the issue persists even after a System Restore, perform a System Recovery .
NOTE: The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve this issue. If all of the steps have been completed and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.