How to reinstall the VAIO Media Gallery software?
The VAIO Media Gallery® software can all be reinstalled using the VAIO Care utility.
IMPORTANT: Some VAIO Configure-to-Order (CTO) model computers are sold with a feature called Fresh Start, where much of the software normally found preinstalled on other VAIO computers is not installed on the original hard drive image. Because this procedure reinstalls the software from the original hard drive image using the VAIO Care utility, if your computer included the Fresh Start feature the VAIO Media Gallery software is not present in the original hard drive image and cannot be reinstalled using this procedure. If this is the case, it may be possible to download and install the software. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, click the VAIO Care folder, and then click VAIO Care.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- In the VAIO Care window, click the Recovery & Restore icon, and then click Install Applications and Drivers.
- In the Select Programs or Drivers to reinstall section, on the Programs tab, click to place a check in the box next to both Media Gallery and Media Gallery Extension, and then click the Next button.
- Click the Start button.
- In the Reinstalling programs and/or drivers window, after a 10 second delay, the files you have chosen will begin to install.
NOTE: The 10 second delay is there to give you enough time to go back to the previous screen and add or remove items from the reinstall list, should you so choose.
- In the Reinstall Complete window, click to place a check in the box next to Restart Now, and then click the Finish button.
IMPORTANT: Restarting the computer is always recommended after a software installation procedure, but if you do not wish to immediately restart the computer, click the Finish button without placing a check in the box next to Restart Now. While this will allow you to work on the computer as usual, depending on the programs or drivers that were reinstalled the computer may or may not operate normally, and will definitely not allow you to work with anything related to the programs or drivers that were just reinstalled.