The following disc types may not be detected by the authoring software. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Ensure the drive is capable of reading from or writing to the disc type being used. CDRW drives will not recognize or write to DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW or DVD-RW disc type.
- Ensure the correct disc type is being used.
NOTE: Many recordable audio CDR discs will only work in consumer audio CD recorders. They will not work in computer-based CDR, CDRW, DVD+RW or DVD-RW drives.
- For DVD authoring, DVD-RW drives will work only work with DVD-R(G) and DVD-RW disc types.
- Ensure the speed rating of the disc type is compatible with the drive.
- Remove any third party authoring software.
- Check for firmware updates for the computer or drive being used.
NOTE: High-speed disc type has been designed to be write-incompatible with the older CD/DVD drive. This is accomplished by offsetting the Absolute Time In Pregroove (ATIP) location of the discs Power Calibration Area (PCA) to make the disc invisible to older recorders. These discs can be written to or erased by a CDRW drive that bears the High Speed logo . These discs can be read or played in any CD/DVD drive capable of reading CDRW discs.