The touchpad pointer may seem unstable or jump around if the touchpad is accidentally touched while typing. While browsing the Internet, the Web browser may automatically scroll or display another Web page. Follow the procedure below to disable the Tapping and Web Assistant features and resolve the issue.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Printers and Other Hardware.
- In the Printers and Other Hardware window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, click Mouse.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the Tapping tab.
NOTE: If the Tapping tab is not available, reinstall the touchpad drivers using the VAIO Recovery application or from the Sony® Support Website.
- On the Tapping tab, click to clear the check box next to Tapping.
- Click the Apply button and then click the Function tab.
- On the Function tab, click to clear the check box next to Use Web Assistant.
- Click to clear the check box next to Use Scroll Function.
- Click the OK button and then close the Hardware and Sound window.