How to enable or disable the USB Charging feature to allow a device to charge while connected to a USB port.
Many VAIO® computers include at least one USB port which will support charging a USB device when the computer is on, in standby, hibernate or shut off. The USB Charging feature is disabled by default, so if you wish to use a USB port to charge a device, the feature must first be enabled.
Follow these steps to enable USB Charging feature.
- The USB port that has the ability to charge a device can be identified by the lightning bolt (or charge) icon next to the port.
- Charging a device via the USB port depends on the USB device. Some devices do not support being charged via a USB port connection. Consult the device specifications and documentation to see if it supports the USB Charging feature.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type VAIO Control Center, and then press the Enter key.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click Hardware.
- In the Hardware screen, in the USB Charging section, click the button to turn On the feature.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.
NOTE: To disable the USB Charging feature, repeat the entire procedure and at step 4, click the button to turn Off the feature.