How to setup and use the People application.
The People application is a Microsoft application that allows you to connect multiple Social Media elements into one application and to easily view all statuses without having to log in to each Social Media website. Follow these steps to use the People application.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Apps category, and then click the People tile.
NOTE: If a Sign in with a Microsoft account prompt appears, enter the appropriate email address and password and click the Sign In button.
- In the People screen, click to sign in to the desired Social Media or email account.
NOTE: You will now be able to sign in to any of the following:
- Facebook® social networking site
- Twitter® microblogging site
- Outlook® e-mail client
- LinkedIn® professional networking service
- Gmail™ Web-based e-mail service
- Hotmail® Web-based e-mail service
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to the selected Social Media or email account.
- To add accounts, point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, click the Settings charm, and on the Settings screen, click Accounts.
- On the Accounts bar, click Add an account.
- On the Add an account bar, click to select the desired application account to add, and then follow the on-screen instructions to log in to the selected Social Media or email account.