IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot no sound when playing a DVD or audio CD.
- Ensure the disc is inserted into the DVD player correctly.
- Ensure the audio cables from the DVD player are connected properly to the television or stereo receiver.
NOTE: Audio from a Super Audio CD will only be output from the analog outputs of the DVD player.
- Ensure the television or stereo receiver is set to the correct input for the DVD player.
- Ensure the television or stereo receiver is not set to a MUTE or SPEAKER OFF setting.
- Ensure that the volume on the television or receiver is set to an audible level.
- Attempt to play a different disc in the DVD player.
- Try playing a different audio source through the television or receiver. Connect the DVD player to a different audio input on the television or receiver.
- Replace the connecting cables.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.