Follow these steps to enable the wireless WAN adapter using the SmartWi™ Connection Utility.
- All VAIO computers with the Windows® 7 or Windows Vista® operating system, or that have been upgraded to the Windows® 8 operating system from Windows 7 or Vista, will include either the SmartWi Connection Utility or the VAIO Smart Network Utility, but not both.
- If the SmartWi Connection Utility is not present, use the VAIO Smart Network Utility .
- If the VAIO Smart Network Utility is also not present, use the Windows Mobility Center to turn on the WLAN adapter.
- Click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click SmartWi Connection Utility and then click SmartWi Connection Utility.
- In the SmartWi Connection Utility window, in the Sprint section, click Turn On.