IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot sound issues on the computer.
IMPORTANT:If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the sound function status after completing each step.
- Restart the computer.
- Check the system volume to make sure the volume is not muted or too low.
- Ensure the volume dial on the left side of the notebook is turned up.
- Connect a set of headphones or amplified speakers to the computer to see if the internal speakers are not working.
NOTE: When headphones are plugged in, there will be no sound through the built-in speakers.
- Ensure the playback device is correctly selected.
- Select a Sound Scheme in Control Panel.
- Reinstall the sound drivers from the Drivers folder on the Driver Recovery CD (DRCD).
- Resolve all conflicts in Device Manager.
- Remove all peripheral hardware to see if it is conflicting with the sound card.
- Reset the BIOS to the defaults settings.
- Use the system restore utility to restore the system back to a point when the sound last worked properly.