How to change the computer to start directly to the login screen instead of the background picture screen.
The background picture screen you see when the computer starts is called the Lock screen. This screen will be displayed when you restart, lock or logout of your computer. You can disable this screen and go directly to the login screen by following the steps below.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Win + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field, type gpedit.msc and then press the Enter key.
- In the Search Results screen, click the gpedit icon.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, in the left panel, double-click Administrative Templates.
- Under Administrative Templates, double-click Control Panel.
- Under Control Panel, click to select Personalization.
- In the right panel, double-click the Do not display the lock screen option.
- In the Do not display the lock screen window, click to select Enable, and then click the OK button
The next time you restart, lock or log off from the computer the configuration changes will have taken effect and the computer will open to the login screen instead of the background picture screen.