How to uninstall the Internet Explorer 9 browser.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
NOTE: For additional information on how to install or uninstall the Internet Explorer® 9 browser, or for the Internet Explorer 9 system requirements, visit the Microsoft website.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- In the Programs and Features window, in the left column, under Control Panel Home, click View installed updates.
- In the Installed Updates window, click to select Windows Internet Explorer 9, and then click Uninstall.
- In the Uninstall an update window, click Yes.
NOTE: After the Internet Explorer 9 browser is uninstall, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on the computer. It will not be necessary to reinstall the previous version.