NOTE: Not all computers have an internal Blu-ray Disc® (BD) optical drive. To determine if your computer has a Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical drive, use this procedure .
This issue can occur when a commercial Blu-ray Disc (BD) movie is inserted into the computer and the InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO software is launched, but the software is configured for a region code different than the media.
Follow this procedure to change the region code setting in the InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO software.
- Changing the region code settings for the InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO software changes the firmware setting of the Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical drive at the same time.
- The region code settings can only be changed five times. Whatever the region code setting of software is upon the fifth change will become the permanent setting. Once this occurs the region code setting cannot be changed again. For this reason it is recommended that you ensure the region code set on the fifth setting change is the region code you most frequently use, as this will become the permanent region code setting for the drive.
- If the region code of the Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical drive has been permanently set to an undesirable region, and you wish to use BD discs with a different region code setting, the drive will need to be replaced.
- Since the region code setting is considered a user definable option, replacement of the drive because the region code was not permanently set as desired is not covered under the warranty.
- The region code settings for the InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO software cannot be changed while a bluray disc is still in the drive. Eject the disc before attempting to change the region code.
- Since most commercially available Blu-ray Disc (BD) movies are manufactured in the North America and Japan, it is recommended that region code A. United States, Canada, Japan, etc. be selected.
- On the Taskbar, click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO, and then click InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO.
- In the InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO window, click the Video Center icon.
- In the Video Center window, click the Setup icon.
- In the Setup window, click the Region tab.
- On the Region tab, click to select the desired region code setting and then click the OK button.