How to adjust screen brightness on a VAIO notebook computer.
On most notebook computers, you can use the Fn+F5 keys to lower the screen brightness level and the Fn+F6 keys to raise the screen brightness level.
- If the function key combinations do not work, ensure the VAIO® event service is started and running .
- Ensure the computer has all the latest driver and software updates installed. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
The screen brightness also can be adjusted in the operating system by following this procedure:
- Click the Start button and in the Search programs and files field, type Power Options, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Power Options window, on the left side of the window, click Adjust the display brightness.
- In the Edit Power Settings window, next to Adjust the display brightness, move the slider bar to the desired level, and then click the Save Changes button.