WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All software applications, configurations and data added to the restored drive will be erased.
- In the Restore Complete System window, click the Start button.
- Under Before Restore Complete System, ensure the Skip option is selected, and click the Next button.
NOTE: This window provides the option to use the VAIO Hardware Diagnostics program. Before performing any recovery operation, this utility should be used to attempt to diagnose and resolve your issue without resorting to a recovery.
- Under Recovery drive, ensure the Yes option is selected, then click the Next button.
NOTE: Selecting the No option will save additional space on the hard drive normally reserved for the Recovery drive, and allow for that space to be used for other purposes. This option is not recommended.
- Under C: drive, click to select Yes to use the default (C:) drive size, or No to manually set the size of the (C:) drive, then click the Next button.
NOTE: If Yes is selected, continue with Step 9.
- Under Divide your hard disk's storage space into C and D drives, click the down arrow, then click to select the desired option.
NOTE: If Customized drive size is not selected, continue with Step 8.
- Next to C Drive Size, enter the desired size of the (C:) drive.
NOTE: All remaining space not devoted to the (C:) drive and the Recovery drive (if retained), is allocated to the (D:) drive.
- Click the Next button.
- Under WARNING: This program deletes all files on your hard disk drive, click to select the I understand box.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Once you click the Start button, the recovery process starts and cannot be reversed.
- Click the Start button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: The instructions will prompt you to insert each recovery disc and to remove the last one when the recovery is complete.
- After the bundled applications are installed, click the Finish button.
- The computer will restart and the operating system setup wizard will begin. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup wizard.