IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below to access Safe Mode from within the operating system.
IMPORTANT: You will need to perform additional steps if you need to access Safe Mode but are unable to get into the operating system.
- Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, click Update & security.
- In the UPDATE & SECURITY screen, click Recovery, and under Advanced startup, click the Restart now button.
- In the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options.
- In the Advanced options screen, click Startup Settings, then click the Restart button.
- In Startup Settings, press the number 4 key to start to Safe Mode.
NOTE: Press the number 5 key to start to Safe Mode with Networking or the number 6 key to start to Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
The computer will now boot into safe mode.