The Quick Access section of the File Explorer window (known as the Favorites section in Windows® 8 operating system), is a place where you can pin your favorite files, providing direct access to files that you use often. The Quick Access section also includes an automatically populated list of recently-accessed files and frequently-accessed folders.
Follow these steps to manually add a folder to the Quick Access section:
- From outside of the folder you want to add:
- Navigate to the desired folder.
- Right-click the folder and select Pin to Quick Access.
- From inside the folder you want to add:
- Navigate to and click to open the desired folder.
- In the top left corner of the window, click Home.
- Click Pin to Quick Access.