Follow these steps to remove and reinstall a device from the Device Manager.
- Click the Start button and in the Search field, type Device Manager, and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the category icon of the device to be removed.
- Under the Device Manager category, click to select the device to be removed.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click the OK button.
- In the Device Manager window, click the X in the upper right corner to close the window.
- When the computer restarts, the operating system will find the device and install the driver.
- If the operating system is unable to automatically find the driver, download and install the desired driver. Downloads are posted on your model support page.