If the Enable CD recording on this drive option is not enabled in the Drive Properties window, the CDRW/DVDRW drive will not be available in the Send To menu, and the Copy to CD option will not be available in the My Music, My Pictures, or My Videos windows. Follow this procedure to enable CD recording when this option is disabled.
- The operating system does not natively support recordable or rewritable DVD disks. Enabling CD recording will only allow writing or rewriting to CD disks.
- The installation of third-party burning software can cause this feature not to work properly in the operating system. It may be necessary to uninstall any third-party burning software in order for the Copy to CD feature of the operating system to work properly.
- Click the Start button, then click My Computer.
- In the My Computer window, highlight the drive to enable for CD recording.
- On the menu bar, click File.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- In the Drive Properties window, click the Recording tab.
- On the Recording tab, in the Desktop CD Recording box, click to enable the Enable CD recording on this drive box.
- Click the OK button.