Follow this procedure to use the System Restore feature after launching it from the VAIO Recovery Center or Windows Backup and Restore Center.
- The System Restore procedure will restore the Registry and other settings back to the date and time selected. No data will be lost. Saved documents and e-mail will not be affected by performing a System Restore.
- Any hardware or software that has been installed after the date of the restore point will need to be reinstalled.
- 200MB of free hard drive space is required to perform a system restore.
- In the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- In the Choose a restore point window, click to select the desired restore point.
NOTE: When choosing a restore point, pick a date prior to when the issue you are trying to resolve started.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Confirm your restore point window, click the Finish button.
NOTE: The operating system will be restored to the date and time selected and the computer will restart.