How to use the System Restore feature to restore the computer to an earlier time.
Follow this procedure to use the System Restore feature after launching it from the VAIO Recovery Center or Windows Backup and Restore Center.
- The System Restore procedure will restore the Registry and other settings back to the date and time selected. No data will be lost. Saved documents and e-mail will not be affected by performing a System Restore.
- Any hardware or software that has been installed after the date of the restore point will need to be reinstalled.
- 200MB of free hard drive space is required to perform a system restore.
- In the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- In the Choose a restore point window, click to select the desired restore point.
NOTE: When choosing a restore point, pick a date prior to when the issue you are trying to resolve started.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Confirm your restore point window, click the Finish button.
NOTE: The operating system will be restored to the date and time selected and the computer will restart.