If you need to reinstall the original software or drivers for any reason, such as for troubleshooting or because the software was removed, follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT: If you are reinstalling original drivers, after you have finished, check for updated drivers online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure the computer is powered on and press the Assist button.
NOTE: If your computer does not have an Assist button on the top of the keyboard, proceed to the next step.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, click the VAIO Care folder and then click VAIO Care.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- In the VAIO Care window, click Advanced Tools.
- In the Advanced Tools window, click Restore and Recovery.
- In the Restore and Recovery window, click Reinstall applications and drivers.
- In the Reinstall applications and drivers window, click the Next button.
- In the Select applications and drivers to install window, click to check the box next to the applications and drivers you would like to reinstall and then click the Next button.
- In the Start Reinstallation window, click the Start button.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the installation process for each application and driver selected.
- In the Reinstallation completed window, click the Restart Now button.
- In the VAIO Care window, click the OK button.
NOTE: After the computer restarts the installation process is complete.