- This solution has been written to work with all VAIO® notebook computers. Because of this, some steps are only spelled out in general terms. The reason for this is that the process to perform that particular step is different depending on the model computer you have. For information specific to any particular model on how to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
- Before beginning this procedure, make sure the battery is fully charged.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, restart the computer and check the status after completing each step.
- Disconnect the AC adapter, remove any additional RAM that has been added and disconnect all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
NOTE: If the computer starts normally after performing this procedure, the issue is being caused by the additional RAM or the peripheral devices that were connected to the computer.
- Remove and then reconnect the battery.
- Remove and replace (reseat) the original RAM that came installed in the computer.
- Perform a reset procedure on the computer.
- Refer the computer documentation for information on how to reset the computer.
- The reset feature may not be available on all models.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.