IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- The Android TV™ device isn't detected as a Google™ Chromecast™ built-in device.
- The Cast icon isn't displayed on the mobile device.
- The Cast icon is available on the mobile device, and the TV model is detected, but Cast doesn't work.
- Error There was a problem connecting to XXX-XXXXX (Model name) appears, and the connection failed even though the Cast icon is available on the mobile device and the TV model is detected.
Check if the Google Chromecast built-in function works after completing each step.
- Connect the mobile device and your TV to the same network.
- If you use a dual-band wireless router, ensure your devices are connected to the same frequency.
- The power reset or restart of the TV is a recommended step for troubleshooting and may resolve many temporary issues.
- Restart the mobile device.
- Note: Turn off the device, wait 1-2 minutes, and then turn it back on.
- Depending on your Android TV menu options, make sure that the Google Chromecast built-in app is enabled.
- Make sure your TV has the latest software update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- From My Apps in the Google Play Store, update all of the apps installed on the TV to the latest version.
- Set the correct date and time on your TV.
- Terminate the Google Chromecast built-in enabled app on the mobile device and then restart it.
- Note: For details on how to terminate and restart apps, refer to the instruction manual of your mobile device.