How to use the VAIO Recovery Center when using the Recovery Drive
Follow this procedure to use the VAIO Recovery Center when selecting that option from the System Recovery Options menu using the Recovery Drive.
- In the System Recovery Options window, click VAIO Recovery Center .
- In the VAIO Recovery Center window, under Choose a program , click to select the desired option:
- Windows System Restore
- VAIO Hardware Diagnostics
- Restore C: Drive
- Rescue Data
- Windows System Restore can return the computer to a previous configuration of the operating system when it was working properly.
- Computer problems related to hardware can be diagnosed using the VAIO Hardware Diagnostics option.
- The entire (C:) drive can be restored to its original, factory-installed condition by selecting Restore C: Drive .
- The Rescue Data option can detect and save data to an external hard drive or removable media prior to a system recovery.