How to turn on media streaming.
Media streaming can be used to share media, such as photos, video or music, over a network with another computer or supported device. Follow the procedure below to turn on media streaming:
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, in the left pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.
- In the Advanced sharing settings window, in the Media streaming section, click Choose media streaming options.
- In the Choose media streaming options for computer and devices window, click the Turn on media streaming button.
- Verify the device(s) to which you would like to share media are set to Allowed.
- Click the OK button.
NOTE: If you are trying to set up a DLNA server, more information is available.