Use the VAIO® Recovery Wizard to reinstall the VAIO Zone or VAIO Launcher software.
Follow this procedure to reinstall one or all of the bundled applications or original drivers using the VAIO Recovery Wizard.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the power during the recovery process.
- Close all open programs.
- Disconnect all network connections.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices.
NOTE: If the computer uses an external CD/DVD drive and the Recovery Discs will be used, plug in the drive according to the instructions in the VAIO User Guide.
- From within the VAIO Recovery Wizard application, in the Reinstall Applications or Drivers window, click Next.
- The Reinstall Applications or Drivers window can be reached through the VAIO Recovery Wizard main menu or by selecting the Reinstall Applications or Drivers option on the Start Menu.
- To reinstall applications or drivers directly from the Recovery Discs, insert Recovery Disc #1 into the CD/DVD drive, then in the VAIO Recovery dialog box, click the OK button.
- The Recovery Discs must be used when installing the bundled applications and drivers after installing a retail version of the Windows® XP operating system. The VAIO Recovery Wizard will not be available from the hard drive.
- Under Reinstall Applications or Drivers (Step 1 of 3), on the Applications tab, click to select the box for any applications to be reinstalled.
NOTE: Click to select all the boxes to reinstall all the applications originally bundled with the computer.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- On the Drivers tab, click to select any drivers to be reinstalled.
IMPORTANT: Not all drivers listed can be completely restored in the operating system using this process. Other drivers, when selected for reinstallation, will be saved to the C:\Windows\Drivers folder. Take careful note of which drivers are fully installed by the on-screen instructions provided. Those drivers without any corresponding on-screen information must use the alternative procedure linked below.
- Click the Next button.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the installation process for each application and driver selected.
NOTE: If no on-screen instructions are displayed for a particular driver, the reinstallation process is completed using the Update Driver function in Device Manager.
- In the Reinstall Applications or Drivers (Step 3 of 3) window, click the Finish button.