Follow the procedure below to enable the Wireless LAN (WLAN) connection using the SmartWi™ Connection Utility software. The physical WLAN indicator light will turn on when the WLAN connection is enabled.
- Not all computers have the SmartWi Connection Utility. To see if your computer has the SmartWi Connection Utility, check the Users Manual or model specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the SmartWi Connection Utility is not available, use Windows Mobility Center to turn on the WLAN adapter .
- Click the Start button, and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click SmartWi Connection Utility and then click SmartWi Connection Utility to open the application.
- In the SmartWi Connection Utility window, in the Wireless LAN section, click Turn On.
NOTE: When enabled, On is displayed in the Wireless LAN section.