If a computer using a SigmaTel® audio driver is upgraded to the Windows Vista® operating system, the driver may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled for sound to work properly. Uninstall the driver using the Uninstall a program feature of the operating system, then reinstall it by downloading the appropriate driver available or using the recovery discs . Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- If the SigmaTel Audio driver is not listed under Uninstall or change a program in the Programs and Features window, perform the following procedure to uninstall the driver.
- This issue can occur when upgrading to the Windows Vista operating system from an earlier operating system, or when upgrading from one version of Vista to another, such as from Premium to Ultimate.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, click Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click the Plus (+) sign to expand Sound, video and game controllers.
- Click to select SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click to select the Delete the driver software for this device box.
- Click the OK button.