How to reinstall an application or original driver using the VAIO Recovery Center.
Follow this procedure to reinstall one or all of the bundled applications or original drivers using the VAIO Recovery Center.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the power during the recovery process.
- Click the Start button and in the Start Search field, type VAIO Recovery Center, and then press the Enter key.
- Close all open programs.
- Disconnect all network connections.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices.
- From within the VAIO Recovery Center application, under Choose a program, click Reinstall Programs or Drivers.
- In the Reinstall Programs or Drivers window, click the Start button.
- Under Before Restore C: Drive, ensure the Skip option is selected, and click the Next button.
NOTE: This window also provides options to use Windows Backup and Restore or the VAIO Hardware Diagnostics program instead of reinstalling programs or drivers. These utilities can be used to attempt to diagnose and resolve your issue without reinstalling programs or drivers.
- Under Overview, click the Next button.
- Under Select your programs or drivers to reinstall, on the Programs tab, click to select the box for any programs to be reinstalled.
NOTE: Click to select all the boxes to reinstall all the applications originally bundled with the computer.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- On the Drivers tab, click to select any drivers to be reinstalled.
- Click the Next button.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the installation process for each application and driver selected.
- Under Reinstall Programs or Drivers completed, click to select the Restart now box.
- Click the Finish button.