How to check the condition of the battery.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This procedure will open the Battery Care Function utility, which will display not only the charge level of the battery, but the condition of the battery as well. The condition is defined as how well the battery is functioning and how well it will hold a charge, not necessarily the amount of time it will hold a charge.
IMPORTANT: The Battery Care Function utility is not available in all computers, and the Battery Care Function utility screens may have slight differences, depending on the computer model.
NOTE: The amount of time the battery will hold a charge is dependent on several factors, such as what brightness level the screen is set, how many external devices are connected, whether or not the optical drive or wireless device is being used, how many programs are running and how much demand those programs place on the system resources.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click VAIO Control Center.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click Power Management.
- Under Power Management, click Battery.
- In the Battery screen, the charging performance of the battery will be displayed.
NOTE: On some versions of the Battery Care Function utility it may be necessary to click the Advanced button in order to display the charging performance.
If your computer does not have the Battery Care Function utility, a separate article is available that provides the following information:
- Battery troubleshooting guidelines
- Troubleshooting steps for error message
- Recommendations on how to help maximize the battery life and other important information regarding the battery.