How to troubleshoot blue screen Stop Error messages
- Reset the computer's BIOS to the default values.
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove any recently added hardware, defective memory or other devices that may cause this issue.
IMPORTANT: Ensure any hardware added is supported by the operating system.
- Start the computer in Safe mode .
- Perform a system restore on the computer.
- Remove any recently updated or installed drivers .
- Restore the last known good configuration .
- Check the drive for errors.
- Check the Microsoft® support Web site at http://support.microsoft.com/ to see if a service pack update is available to resolve the issue.
- Ensure all Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) devices are properly terminated and connected and that they do not have conflicting SCSI IDs.
NOTE: If a SCSI adapter is installed, contact the manufacturer for updated operating system device drivers before reinstalling the adapter.
- Perform a system recovery on the computer.