How to set up the Remote Keyboard with PlayStation 3 software
Use the following procedure to set up the Remote Keyboard with PlayStation® 3 software.
- The software is preinstalled on Fall 2010 VAIO® computer models that have an internal Bluetooth® adapter and available for download on most VAIO computers that have the Windows® 7 operating system preinstalled. For availability, check the Remote for PlayStation 3 software for VAIO Computers website.
- A Bluetooth adapter is required to use this software.
- Not all computers have an internal Bluetooth adapter. To see if your computer has a one, check the specifications or supplied operations guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- On the computer, click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click PlayStation tools and then click Remote Keyboard with PlayStation 3.
- In the What is Remote Keyboard with PlayStation 3? window, click the Next button.
- Turn on the Bluetooth adapter in the computer.
NOTE: For information about enabling the Bluetooth adapter, check the specifications or supplied operations guide.
- In the Before establishing Bluetooth connection window, click the Next button.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- A Register Bluetooth device on the PlayStation 3 system window is displayed. Leave this window open and go to the PlayStation 3 system.
- On the PlayStation 3 system, navigate to the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, navigate to Accessory Settings and press the X button.
- Select Manage Bluetooth Devices and then press the X button.
- On the Manage Bluetooth Devices screen, verify Yes is selected and then press the X button.
- To start scanning for Bluetooth devices, press the X button.
- In the Select the Bluetooth device to register screen, select the computer keyboard and then press the X button.
- A Pass Key is displayed. You will use this number in the next step to register the computer.
IMPORTANT: You have 30 seconds to complete the next step.
- On the computer, in the Enter pass key on this computer window, type the number displayed on the PlayStation 3 screen and then click the Register button.
NOTE: Your key will differ than the one displayed in the images.
- Once the registration is successful, a Register completed screen is displayed on the PlayStation 3 screen.
- On the computer, a Connected to the PlayStation 3 system window is displayed. You now can use the keyboard and touchpad on the computer to control the PlayStation 3 system.
NOTE: The functionality of the computer is disabled while controlling the PlayStation 3 system.
- To disconnect control of the PlayStation 3 system, on the computer, press the Ctrl + Alt + Backspace key combination.