How to check the health status of the battery.
This procedure will open the Battery Care Function utility, which will display not only the charge level of the battery, but the condition of the battery as well. The condition is defined as how well the battery is functioning and how well it will hold a charge, not necessarily the amount of time it will hold a charge.
IMPORTANT: The amount of time the battery will hold a charge is dependent on several factors, such as what brightness level the screen is set, how many external devices are connected, whether or not the optical drive or wireless device is being used, how many programs are running and how much demand those programs place on the system resources.
Follow the steps below to locate the health status of the battery:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type VAIO Control Center, and then press the Enter key.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click to select Power and Battery.
- Locate the Battery section on the right side of the VAIO Control Center window and click Details.
- Here you can view the primary health status of the battery.