This information is provided to help with issues signing in or accessing video streaming services such as Netflix® and YouTube™ apps.
Before you start
- If the message Feature not available or Service cannot be accessed at this time is displayed, the service may be temporarily down. Wait for a few minutes before trying again.
- If you're having trouble signing into certain streaming apps like Youtube or Netflix, first check the information on their support page, and if that doesn't help, continue with the troubleshooting steps.
- Try other content to see if the issue is specific to the content you are watching or if the issue occurs with other content or streaming services.
- If the issue occurs only on a specific app and isn't resolved by the steps provided, we recommend contacting the app service provider.
Regardless of your TV type, there are a few things that you can check first. If model-specific information is needed, refer to your product manuals . Check if the issue is resolved after completing each step.
- Power reset your modem/router.
Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset. If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
- Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and make sure it's turned on.
- Wait until the device is finished connecting to the internet and your network.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
- Check signal strength and possible interference.
When using Wi-Fi®, the router's distance to your device is another factor to consider. To maximize your viewing experience when streaming video or listening from an audio app, make sure that the router is placed near your device. They shouldn't be more than 25 feet away from each other. If possible, install both devices in a location without walls in between them. Other wireless devices such as Bluetooth® speakers, wireless phones, microwave ovens, and devices sending a radio frequency may also cause poor signal strength.
- Some routers have a Wi-Fi® Multi Media (WMM) setting. If using a wireless connection, leaving this setting on should allow your router to provide improved video and voice performance over your network. Check your router documents or contact the manufacturer for details.
For additional information and suggestions, review the tips to maximize network and internet performance in your home.
Streaming issues are often either a temporary condition with the streaming service or an issue with your network connection and internet. These options may help determine if your issue is related to your current ISP (internet service provider) and network conditions.
Contact your ISP if your internet speed and network are not performing as specified.
Select your TV type below for additional troubleshooting instructions if the issue still occurs. Check to see if the issue has been resolved after completing each step.