The computer restarts when trying to shut down.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the shutdown status after completing each step.
- Ensure the Shut Down option is selected for proper shutdown of the system.
- Remove all third-party hardware from the computer.
- Restart the computer in safe mode and uninstall any recently-installed third-party software.
- Disable automatic restart on system failure .
- Disable startup items and services to determine if something is running in the background that would prevent the system from shutting down.
- Perform a system restore to return the configuration to a time when the computer was shutting down properly.