How to reset a forgotten Microsoft account password.
A Microsoft® account is an online account that will allow you to download apps from the Windows® Store and automatically sync settings between different computers to obtain the same look and feel on each, including settings like browser favorites and history. If you have associated a Microsoft account with your Windows® 8 or 8.1 computer, this will be the credentials to be used when logging in. Follow the steps below if you have forgotten your Microsoft account password.
- Before doing anything else, try to remember your password. The password might have something to do with one or more of the following:
- Your Name.
- Name of a friend, family member or spouse.
- Your birthday, family member's birthday or spouse's birthday.
- An important date (e.g. anniversary)
- Pet name
- Your Social Security or Drivers License number.
- A combination of any of the above.
- The password is case sensitive, so try entering the password in uppercase, lowercase or a combination of both.
NOTE: Make sure that Caps Lock and Num Lock are not activated.
- If steps above does not resolve the issue, follow the steps provided in the Windows tutorial regarding this concern.