On most notebook computers, you can use the Fn+F5 keys to lower the screen brightness level and the Fn+F6 keys to raise the screen brightness level.
- If the function key combinations do not work, ensure the VAIO® event service is started and running .
- Ensure the computer has all the latest driver and software updates installed.
The screen brightness also can be adjusted in the operating system by following this procedure:
- Click the Start button and in the Search programs and files field, type Power Options, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Power Options window, on the left side of the window, click Adjust the display brightness.
- In the Edit Power Settings window, next to Adjust the display brightness, move the slider bar to the desired level, and then click the Save Changes button.