This information is provided for using the Windows® 8 / 8.1 diagnose and repair tool to diagnose problems with a WLAN or Wi-Fi® connection on your computer.
- Press the Windows and X key combination, then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet screen, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, under Change your networking settings, click Troubleshoot problems.
- In the Troubleshoot problems - Network and Internet window, under Network, click Network Adapter.
- In the Network Adapter window, click the Next button.
- In the Select the network adapter to diagnose window, click to select All network adapters, and then click the Next button.
- If the troubleshooter identifies a problem, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve it.