IMPORTANT: This solution only applies to computers that came with the Windows® 8 operating system pre-installed. If you upgraded to Windows 8, follow this solution .
Follow the steps below to locate the computer system BIOS version:
- With the computer powered on and at the Windows User Interface (UI) Start screen, press the Assist button on the computer to launch the VAIO Care™ application.
NOTE: The location of the Assist button will be different depending on the computer model. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer for the exact location.
- Click on About Your VAIO.
- Click System Information.
NOTE: Press the Assist button when the computer is on to launch VAIO Care, then follow the above steps 1-3.
The BIOS information can also be accessed another way:
- Make sure the computer is off.
- Press the Assist button.
- Press the F2 key to enter the BIOS.
- The BIOS Version will be on the Main tab at the top of the screen.