How to disable the power management setting for the wireless adapter.
Disabling the power management setting for the Wi-Fi® or WLAN adapter may resolve wireless connection issues, including dropped or failed connections.
- Click the Start button and in the Search field, type Device Manager, and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the Network adapters to expand the selection.
- Under Network adapters, click to select the appropriate wireless LAN adapter.
- On the menu bar, click Action and then click Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
- On the Power Management tab, click to uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
NOTE: Some WLAN adapters have another power saving setting in addition to the one on the Power Management tab. Click the Advanced tab and try to locate a power saving setting. If it exists, disabled it.
- Click the OK button.