When the Google™ Chromecast™ built-in feature or casting from mobile devices or computers to the Android TV™ or Google TV™ fails, refer to the following steps.
Before you start
- For Google TV, the cast function will be invalid if set up with Basic TV mode.
- To review the casting feature, refer to the article How to use Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) on Sony's Google TV™ or Android TV™
- If you are using Apple AirPlay, refer to the article Apple AirPlay: Displaying content from Apple devices on Google TV™ or Android TV™
- If you have issues with Netflix®, refer to the Chromecast Built-In feature isn't working with Netflix article.
Check if the Google Chromecast built-in function works after completing each step.
- Connect the mobile device and your TV to the same network.
Note: If you use a dual-band wireless router, ensure your devices are connected to the same frequency.
- Restart or power reset the TV.
- Restart the mobile device.
Note: Turn off the device, wait 1-2 minutes, and then turn it back on.
- Make sure that your device and the TV have the correct time settings.
Note: To set the date and time of the TV, refer to the article How to adjust the date and time on the TV.
- Update the TV to the latest software.
Note: For how to update, refer to the article How to perform a software update
- Depending on your Android TV menu options, make sure that the Google Chromecast built-in app is enabled.