An error may occur when playing a DVD disc with a region code setting different than that of the drive. To avoid the error, or to just set the region code for the DVD drive to a different region code, follow this procedure to change the region code setting of a DVD drive.
- After 4 changes, the region code will remain set to the last change made and can not be changed.
- The region code may be changed up to 4 times.
- If a new region code is needed the CD/DVD drive will need to be replaced.
- Replacement of the drive is not covered under the warranty for this issue.
- This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- A DVD disc of the region being selected must be in the DVDROM drive to complete the region code setting change.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click DVD/CDROM drives.
- Under DVD/CD-ROM Drives, double-click the DVD Drive.
- In the DVD drive's Properties window, click the Region tab.
- On the Region tab, click to select the appropriate region code.
- Click the OK button.