NOTE: Some Blu-ray Disc® players may display the error Cannot operate this disc or No Disc Error.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the Blu-ray Disc player cannot read or play a specific disc.
Make sure the disc is playable.
- Make sure the inserted disc is compatible with the Blu-ray Disc player .
- Check if the region code of the Blu-ray disc or DVD disc matches with the region code of the Blu-ray Disc player or the DVD player.
NOTE: Check these articles below for additional information on the region codes for:
- Try playing a different disc, to confirm if the issue is with the disc.
- If you do not have a different disc, try using the same disc to another player.
- Make sure you have properly finalized any recordings made on a different player or recorder.
- For a 3D Blu-ray Disc movie playback, make sure to use a Hi-speed HDMI® cable.
Make sure the disc is in good working condition.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Do not use cleaning discs or disc/lens cleaners (including wet or spray types). These may cause the apparatus to malfunction.
- If the top of the disc tray is dirty, wipe it using a soft dry cloth before placing the disc on the tray.
- If there are any fingerprints, stains, or dust on the playing side of the disc, gently wipe it with a soft dry cloth. Be careful in doing so not to scratch the disc.
- If the disc is upside down, insert the disc with the playback side facing down.
Make sure the settings of the Blu-ray Disc player is correct.
Power reset the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Remove the disc from the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Unplug the power cord of the Blu-ray Disc player from the electrical outlet.
- Let the player remain without power for one minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Make sure that the Parental Control settings are not set to On.
NOTE: Parental control settings can prevent certain discs from being played.
- Make sure that BD ROM 24P Output setting is set to Off.
NOTE: If the BD ROM 24P Output setting is set to On and the TV does not support this feature, you will see a blank screen on the TV.
- Set the Output Video Resolution setting of the Blu-ray Disc player to the corresponding setting of the TV.
When playing a Blu-ray Disc that supports BD-Live™ feature, check the following:
- Set the BD Internet Connection setting in the BD/DVD viewing Settings menu to Allow.
- Certain Blu-ray Disc players may require that a USB memory device has been properly inserted into the EXT slot of the player prior to playing the movie. If the Blu-ray Disc player being used does not have an EXT input, skip this step.
- Download and install the latest system software. This will ensure that the player is up-to-date on playback compatibility.
If you have completed all of the steps and you are unable to play any Blu-ray Disc movies, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.